General Manager Vacancy at Winton House
Four centuries ago this job ad might have read “Must be capable of entertaining the king – Charles I is coming to tea”. The king is dead but much else remains the same!
Experienced and hands-on manager required with proven track record of business growth and leadership within a high-end hospitality venue offering corporate and private hospitality, where the ambition is to remain one of the top venues in Scotland.
This is a position of trust and responsibility requiring integrity, initiative, a strong public presence and a sense of fun (caber tossing and dancing included!).
Winton is one of the top, exclusive use, hospitality venues in Edinburgh and the Lothians and forms part of a cherished family home at the centre of a historic country estate. It is just half an hour from Edinburgh in East Lothian and provides a place where clients come to think, communicate and celebrate; taking away with them a unique experience that should more than rival our competitors.
Winton House was originally designed to entertain royalty, so expectations are therefore high! Such characteristics require that events retain integrity whilst balancing a need to remain fresh and imaginative.
- Bring in the business and provide excellent customer service such that guests long to return. Corporate and private guests are welcome!
- Keep Winton on the map for award winning hospitality. As the map changes, so must our approach and products so we remain fresh and hungry for the work.
- Wear out your shoes and never tire of selling the venue in person or on the phone to those who would love to know about it but don’t yet.
- Lead and develop the hospitality team through both strategic and hands on leadership.
- Manage and host events, spotting the detail yet able to have fun.
You can see a more detailed description by clicking twice on this link to a pdf: General Manager Vacancy Job Description | Hospitality Venue Winton House. [Ensure you click twice please.]
Please apply in writing or via e-mail by 18th January enclosing a covering letter and your CV, and return this to Audrey Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org or Winton House, Pencaitland, East Lothian EH34 5AT.