Gala Dinners of the Highest Quality
If you are planning a special gala dinner for guests, Winton Castle can be relied upon to deliver a sumptuous feast with mouth-watering dishes; we always use the best local produce, served by our own knowledgeable team.
Winton Castle has a rich history of entertaining throughout the centuries. It's flexible layout, with all the public rooms on the same floor, means that the evening flows smoothly.
We'll help you choose your dinner menu from a range of inspiring and innovative options, tailor-made for you. Dinner may feature the finest beef or lamb from our own estate, or seafood from the local coastline, with seasonal menus reflecting the finest local produce.
A Warm Welcome to Winton Castle
The anticipation builds as guests arrive down the sweeping driveway to a red carpet welcome; our piper will be standing proudly at the front door flanked by the friendly Winton team, often including Sir Francis Ogilvy (Winton Castle is still the Ogilvy's family home).
The evening starts with a welcome glass of Champagne enjoyed in front of the roaring Octagon fire before moving through to the elegant Drawing Room for a short introduction to Winton's rich history. Dinner is served in the grand but intimate dining room, with Winton's silver candelabra twinkling on the tables.
After dinner, guests are invited through to the cosy Library to enjoy coffee and liqueurs by the fire. This is a charming way to end the evening, or for the more active, merely a breather before the ceilidh dancing begins (see below).
Flexible Layout for Grand Dinners
Winton's flexible layout means you can choose from a wide variety of different formats for your dinner:
- Gala dinners for up to 84 guests seated at round tables in the Dining Room.
- Dinners for up to 130 guests by also using the Octagon and Cabinet Rooms (can also cater for up to 150).
- Lunches for 10 to 130 people.
- Buffets for up to 400 guests in a marquee.
- Informal barbecues in acres of beautiful, mature gardens.
- Drinks receptions for up to 250 throughout the castle.
Hog Roasts, BBQs and Picnics
As an alternative to a conventional sit-down dinner, you can choose anything from BBQs or hog roasts, to picnics or fish and chips; ideal options for less formal dinners and parties.
Additional activities for entertaining and team building can be added to your event, including:
- Educational whisky or wine tasting in the Vaulted Cellar for incentive events and corporate entertaining.
- Energetic Winton Ceilidhs or discos.
- Dramatic firework displays for the grand finale.
Dance the Night Away
Why not have one of our very popular Winton Ceilidhs to round off your evening? You can let your hair down, work off your dinner, and may even be able to persuade Sir Francis Ogilvy to lead the dancing.