About this Event
This event will bring together botanist Sally Gouldstone of Seilich Botanicals and photographer Zoe Ballantine of The Here and Now Studio . We invite you to join us in the beautiful walled garden of the Winton Castle Estate for an afternoon of practical mindfulness, combining both botanical exploration and photography. Set aside some time to slow down and ponder at plants for an afternoon!
Date And Time: Sat, 5 September 2020, 14:00 – 17:00 BST
Location: Winton Castle, Winton Estate, Pencaitland, EH34 5AT
During this workshop you will:
- build a deeper and more personal connection with nature; forget the Latin names and complicated terminology, through botanical explorations we will help you to build your own understanding of nature.
- learn the basics of photography and how to make the most of your camera, whether its a smartphone or a dSLR. More importantly, you’ll explore how photography as a creative practice can bring you a sense of calm and connection to your surroundings.
We ask you to bring:
- A camera/mobile phone with camera function
- A flask and snack for break time• Weather appropriate shoes and warm clothes (note, this workshop will be held outside)
- A mat/waterproof to sit on if required (note, you will be invited to sit on the ground during this workshop for some activities, however more elevated subjects can be found for anyone who would rather not!)
- A notebook and pen/pencil
We look forward to welcoming you! For any further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org